Sydney - SANZAR chief executive Greg Peters says Reds players Digby
Ioane and Quade Cooper won't be sanctioned for tweeting their opinions
on how long Waratahs centre Rob Horne should be suspended for a dangerous
Peters said Super Rugby players needed to be cautious
about what they post on social media but, in SANZAR's view, Ioane and
Cooper did not break the code of conduct.
The governing body's CEO said the tweets from the Queenslanders were in "a game context" and "didn't cross the line."
Ioane was embroiled in a twitter controversy last year
when he tweeted "worst ref ever" after the Reds lost a close match in
On Saturday, he wrote that Horne's lifting tackle
on Melbourne star Kurtley Beale was worth six-eight weeks, while Cooper
chipped in that he thought the incident deserved 10 weeks.
Horne has been suspended for two Super Rugby matches.
discussions with the Waratahs on Sunday, the SANZAR judicial officer
initially gave Horne a four-week suspension, but that was scaled back
to two because of his good record and an early guilty plea.
Things look ominous for Horne following the 30-21 win for
the Waratahs after he was cited by SANZAR and told his yellow card fell
into the red-card category.
Ioane is currently serving a five-week dangerous tackle
ban of his own, with many in the game deeming that penalty to have been
Either way, SANZAR have made it clear they're cracking down on that type of dangerous tackle.
Waratahs captain Benn Robinson said he thought the
comments made by Ioane and Cooper, surprisingly about their Wallabies
team-mate Horne, could have landed them in strife.
"I think contractually those boys might get in a bit of trouble there," Robinson told Triple M's The Ruck.
"It's not disappointing. It's just a bit of a shock to me
that those boys would jump on there straight away and make those
The Waratahs say they need another 24 hours to determine the extent of fullback Bernard Foley's shoulder injury.
Foley didn't return for the second half on Saturday after he came off second best in an attempted tackle on Rebels wing Lachlan Mitchell.
"We won't find out until tomorrow(Monday). He's had scans and we're just waiting for the results and the specialist's opinion.
"He's seen our medical staff this(Sunday) morning but we need another 24 hours before we can be more certain how that's pulling up.
"He felt better on (Sunday) morning, which is positive."
Waratahs coach Michael Foley said if his namesake wasn't
fit to face the Crusaders this week, he would consider shifting
playmaker Berrick Barnes back to No 15.