Cape Town - Five facts about the Springbok squad ahead of Tests in Europe against Ireland, France, Italy and Wales between November 11 and December 2:
- Zimbabwe-born loosehead prop Tendai "Beast" Mtawarira is the most capped of the 34 tourists with 95 caps, 32 less than Springbok record-holder and retired lock Victor Matfield.
- There are five uncapped players in the squad - fullback Warrick Gelant, centre Lukhanyo Am, scrumhalf Louis Schreuder, lock Ruan Botha and No 8 Daniel du Preez.
- Flyhalf Elton Jantjies is the leading Springbok points scorer among the touring party with 198, comprising two tries, 37 conversions and 38 penalties.
- Currie Cup champions Western Province supply nine of the squad, including Ghana-born winger Raymond Rhule, who joined the Cape Town outfit from Free State Cheetahs this month.
- Francois Louw from English Premiership club Bath may be a loose forward, but he is also the leading Springbok try scorer among the tourists with eight.
Springbok touring squad:
Eben Etzebeth (capt), Steven Kitshoff, Siya Kolisi, Wilco Louw, Bongi Mbonambi, Pieter-Steph du Toit (all Western Province), Ruan Botha, Tendai Mtawarira, Coenie Oosthuizen, Daniel du Preez, Chiliboy Ralepelle (all Sharks), Ruan Dreyer, Malcolm Marx, Franco Mostert (all Golden Lions), Uzair Cassiem, Oupa Mohoje (both Free State Cheetahs), Lood de Jager, Trevor Nyakane (both Blue Bulls), Francois Louw (Bath/ENG)
Andries Coetzee, Ross Cronje, Elton Jantjies, Courtnall Skosan (all Lions), Warrick Gelant, Jesse Kriel, Rudy Paige, Handre Pollard (all Bulls), Damian de Allende, Dillyn Leyds, Raymond Rhule (all Province), Lukhanyo Am, Curwin Bosch, Louis Schreuder (all Sharks), Francois Venter (Cheetahs)