Paris - Racing-Metro's South African back Francois Steyn says he's prepared not to take part in next year's World Cup because of the lack of respect shown to him and his club.
"Peter de Villiers (the South Africa coach) was due to come to Paris on September 18," Steyn told Midi Olympique newspaper.
"He cancelled the meeting. It's not the first time he's done that. It's a lack of respect for Racing and a lack of respect for me."
The 23-year-old Steyn, a member of South Africa's World Cup-winning squad in 2007, joined Racing for the 2009 season but has only rarely been called up since then.
He was lately selected for the Springboks' final Tri-Nations games this season but had to contend with criticism from de Villiers, who has been outspoken on the form of South Africans playing in European leagues.
"When John Smit (Clermont) or Victor Matfield (Toulon) came to France, everything was clear between the South African Rugby Football Union, them and their clubs," Steyn said.
"I don't understand why the federation doesn't act in the same way with Racing. It has said and promised many things but nothing has been upheld.
"I don't see why I would respect people who don't respect me, who don't respect my club.
"I've got this umpteenth meeting cancelled as proof. I've taken note of that and so expect nothing more from the Springboks."
Steyn added of his participation in the World Cup: "It's too early to say whether I'll not be there. But I'll definitely do what Racing want. If my bosses don't want me to go, I won't."
The pro-Steyn media lobby believe the booming boot of the former Coastal Shark and ability to kick penalties from extraordinary distances make him indispensable for the 2011 World Cup in New Zealand.