SA lock extends France stay

2014-10-17 13:03
Francois van der Merwe (File)
Paris - South African lock Francois van der Merwe has signed a three-year contract extension with Racing-Metro, the French Top 14 club said on Friday.

The 31-year-old, who previously played for Western Province and the Stormers, first signed for the Parisians in 2008.

He joins the likes of French internationals hooker Dimitri Szarzewski, prop Luc Ducalcon, flank Wenceslas Lauret (all until 2019) and flank Bernard Le Roux (until 2018) in signing contract extensions.

Read more on:    top 14  |  rugby

What To Read Next


Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Comments have been closed for this article.
Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter


With the Absa Premiership in full swing, who will be crowned champions when all is said and done? Will Mamelodi Sundowns defend their title? Or can Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates or Bidvest Wits mount a serious challenge? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs

Did Stormers and Springboks lock Pieter-Steph du Toit deserve to be named SA Rugby Player of the Year?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.