Auckland - Two spectators were injured when fireworks malfunctioned prior to Saturday's Rugby Championship Test between New Zealand and Australia at Eden Park.
A man and a woman suffered injuries when debris from a pre-match pyrotechnics display was hurled into a grandstand.
An ambulance spokesperson, Robbie Walker, said the woman's injuries were serious and she was transported to Auckland Hospital after being treated on the field by paramedics.
The injured man suffered a deep head gash and was also treated on the field after being assisted over barricades to reach medical staff.
A crowd of over 48 000 watched New Zealand beat Australia 51-20.