Sharks ready to parade trophy
Durban - To share in the celebrations of the Sharks' Currie Cup final victory over Western Province
, the team will embark on a parade around the city to display the Currie Cup trophy and thank the many fans for their support this season, reports Sharks website
editor Michael Marnewick
.GALLERY: Sharks victory parade
The municipality together with the Premier’s office of the KwaZulu-Natal provincial government are the hosts of this event, a victory parade through the streets of Durban to celebrate the achievement of the Sharks in the 2013 Currie Cup.
In a spirit of nation-building and civic pride, the executive committee, under the leadership of Mayor James Nxumalo has approved the hosting of the victory celebrations.
The parade will take place from 09:00 to 13:00 on Wednesday.
The Sharks team together with the Currie Cup trophy will board the Rickshaw bus at Kings Park at 09:00. The bus will then proceed to the City Hall, a short breakfast will be served and a meet and greet with the Mayor at the full council meeting will take place before the council meeting begins.
A certificate of achievement will be presented to Sharks captain Keegan Daniel by Mayor James Nxumalo.
Fans are able to cheer the team along the route of the parade. Proposed route:
• Parade starts at 09:00 from Kings Park. The Ricksha bus arrives at city hall at 09:30. The procession starts outside the city hall on the Anton Lembede Road (Smith Street)
• The procession proceeds along Anton Lembede Street and turn left into Russell Street
• The procession then turns into Dr Pixley Ka Seme Street (West Street)
• The procession will proceed to the beachfront and travel along OR Tambo Drive (Marine Parade) and turn left into Argyle Road at the Blue Waters Hotel
• The procession will then turn right into Masabalala Yengwa Street (MNR Avenue) and thereafter turn left into Jacko Jackson and return to Kings Park
Are you attending the Sharks' victory parade on Wednesday?
If so, take pictures and send to Sport24