Boxing no PR stunt - Cooper
Check out a video showing the evolution of the Stormers jersey over the years.
Cape Town - Flyhalf Quade Cooper, capped 38 times for the Wallabies, says his upcoming boxing bout is not a publicity stunt as he is seriously considering a career in the sport.
According to the Eye Witness News website
, Cooper will follow in the footsteps of good friend Sonny Bill Williams and pursue a career in the ring, fighting on the undercard of the Williams-Francois Botha bout on February 8, 2013, against a yet-to-be-named opponent.
“I have an opportunity to fight on the undercard for Sonny Bill, and not only a professional belt, but for a great cause. The fight against drugs is something that really got me amped up. This is great for my boxing career and after this fight I will definitely continue pursuing this path.”
Cooper said he was receiving great advice from Williams.
“Sonny said in his first fight he had no background in boxing and he was very nervous. He said the walk out of that tunnel is something that you’ll never experience doing anything else.”
Last week Cooper, 24, signed a lucrative two-year deal
, rumoured to be in the region of A$800 000 (R7.3m) per year with the Australian Rugby Union (ARU), after nearly walking away from the Wallabies and Reds following his criticism of national coach Robbie Deans.