1. Seabelo Senatla scored his 172nd try for the Blitzbokke this past weekend. Only one player scored more tries (179) for the Blitzbokke. Who is he?
2. The PSL has eight executive members. How many of them are club owners?
3. Who was the last player to win the Fifa Ballon d’Or award, besides Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo?
4. Which two ingredients make up Arnold Palmer’s famous drink, the Arnold Palmer?
5. Which cricket team scored the highest number of runs in a Test match this year?
6. Nico Rosberg competes under the German flag now, but which country did he also represent in his younger years?
7. Why was play interrupted at a PGA Tour golf tournament in Malaysia a few days ago?
8. Andy Murray has taken over from Novak Djokovic at the top of the ATP rankings. Who was the last American to be world No 1 (in 2003)?
9. Which former boxing world champion was heavily criticised following homophobic comments made in his native Philippines?
10. Who scored the Springboks’ first try of the 2016 season?
11. How many wickets did Kagiso Rabada take in January in the fourth Test against England?
12. Which PSL silverware is missing from Stuart Baxter’s cabinet?
13. Usain Bolt won the IAAF male athlete of the year award for a record sixth time. How many Olympic medals does he have?
14. Which new Bafana Bafana striker is named Long Tom?
15. South Africa’s record loss of 15-57 against New Zealand in Durban was the 93rd Test between these two countries. How many of these did the Boks win?
16. Who scored this season’s first hat-trick in the Absa Premiership?
17. Who is the only F1 racing driver to have won five drivers’ championships in a row?
18. By how many seconds did Wayde van Niekerk break Michael Johnson’s world record?
19. Which South African batsman made the most Test runs this year?
20. Which PSL player and coach are from Belgium?
21. Which team scored the most tries in this year’s Super Rugby competition?
22. Who was the highest scorer in this year’s Currie Cup competition?
23. Allan Freese is the second casualty of the season. Who was the first coach to lose his job in the Absa Premiership?
24. Who is Oscarine Masuluke?
25. Which country won the T20 World Cup in India this year?
26. Bryan Habana’s try in the Test against Argentina in Salta was the 65th of his career. Who is the only international player to score more tries?
27. Who missed Mamelodi Sundowns’ second-leg tie against Zamalek because of suspension?
28. Which former Liverpool captain retired this year?
29. In October, the All Blacks scored the most victories in succession – 18. Who did they play in their 18th game?
30. Name the South African who was appointed as the new coach of Pakistan in May.
31. Which South African referee officiated at the Chan final in Rwanda?
32. Which is the only team the Cheetahs could not score a bonus point against in the group round of the Currie Cup series?
33. Which Test batsman achieved the most ducks this year?
34. Who became the 881st Springbok player when he made his debut in the 77th minute against Wales in November?
35. Who is South Africa’s new 14-year-old Paralympic sensation?
36. How many Olympic gold medals does Michael Phelps have?
37. Allister Coetzee’s winning record of 33% (four wins in 12 Test matches) is one short of the poorest Springbok coach record since 1992. Whose record is worse?
38. Which fight was known as the Rumble in the Jungle?
39. How did Bahamas’ Shaunae Miller win gold ahead of the US’s Allyson Felix during the women’s 400m final?
40. Who was the only Russian track and field athlete allowed to compete at the Rio Olympics?
1. Fabian Juries 2. Four (Irvin Khoza, Kaizer Motaung, Mato Madlala, David Thidiela) 3. Kaka 4. Iced tea and lemonade 5. India 6. Finland 7. A python was crossing the greens 8. Andy Roddick 9. Manny Pacquiao; 10. Lwazi Mvovo; 11. 13; 12. Telkom Knockout; 13. Nine 14. Lars Veldwijk 15. 35 16. Tendai Ndoro 17. Michael Schumacher 18. 0.15 19. Hashim Amla 20. Andréa Fileccia and Luc Eymael 21. Lions 22. Tian Schoeman 23. Denis Lavagne 24. Baroka goalkeeper who scored a last-minute equaliser 25. West Indies 26. Daisuke Ohata 27. Wayne Arendse 28. Steven Gerrard 29. Australia 30. Mickey Arthur 31. Daniel Bennett 32. Western Province 33. Asad Shafiq 34. Jean-Luc du Preez 35. Ntando Mahlangu 36. 23 37. John Williams 38. George Foreman vs Muhammad Ali 39. She fell over the finish line 40. Darya Klishina