Pacquiao to face Mosley

2010-12-22 08:02

Ontario - WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will fight Shane Mosley, a former champion in three divisions, on May 7 in Las Vegas, promoter Bob Arum said on Tuesday.

The fight, to be held at the MGM Grand, will be contested at the welterweight limit of 147 pounds, Top Rank promoter Arum told Reuters in a telephone interview.

After considering a choice between Mosley, lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez and WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto, Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KOs) informed Arum of his choice last week in the Philippines.

Arum finalised the bout on Tuesday, he said.

Pacquiao and Arum would have preferred a bout with undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr., but according to Arum, Mayweather did not respond to their attempts to contact him.

The 39-year-old Mosley, an American, is 46-6-1 with 39 knockouts but has a loss and a draw in his last two fights.


  • Mxo32 - 2010-12-22 08:16

    Why not Juan Manuel Marquez, the last fight was very close. Please give him another chance.

      Anton - 2010-12-22 14:51

      Are you joking?

      IWR - 2011-02-11 10:54

      He must be joking, Pacman went to a different level since the last time they fought! Marquez will be down and out in 5 rounds! Think about it, do you think Marquez will beat Mosley, hell no

  • pages:
  • 1