Stander funeral open to public
Cape Town - Former South African mountain biking star Burry Stander will be laid to rest on the Stander family plot on Thursday at midday.
Stander was killed
after being hit by a minibus taxi while out training last Thursday.
The church service will take place at the Norwegian Settlers Church at 12:00 and will be led by Pastors Trevor Downham and Justin Porteous.Address:
GPS co-ordinates: 30.755S, 30.410E
Stander will be laid to rest on their family plot and the public is welcome to attend.Address:
Bali Hai Farm
St Faiths Road
There will be an opportunity for those in attendance to place a letter and/or leave a message for Stander at the church.
Stander's wife, Cherise, has requested that everyone wear white as far as possible, as it was Burry's favourite colour.Directions to Norwegian Settlers Church from Durban / North:
- Take the N2 South from Durban (from airport) and travel towards South Coast – Port Shepstone
- Exit at the Oribi Plaza off-ramp and turn right (Marburg/Port Shepstone)
- Travelling inland, continue through the first robot intersection
- At the second robot intersection, look out for the Shell petrol station on your left
- Continue through the third robot intersection (still travelling in-land)
- Turn left at the fourth the robot intersection (see KFC on your right) – Look out for Norwegian Settlers Church sign
- You are now on the Izotsha Road, travel approximately 1km until you reach the Norwegian Settlers Church, on your left
- Park at the parking area on right and enter through main doors, ask at Reception for Genesis officesFrom southerly direction:
- Take the N2 North towards Port Shepstone
- Exit at the Oribi Plaza off-ramp and turn left towards (Marburg/Port Shepstone)
- Follow above instructions from point 3 to point 8