Geneva - Spanish rider Luis Leon Sanchez took the leader's overall yellow jersey on Saturday after winning his second successive stage in the Tour of Romandie, the fourth stage 184km ride from Bulle to Sion.
The 28-year-old holds a nine second advantage over British star Bradley Wiggins going into Sunday's final stage 16.5km time-trial.
Sanchez overtook Wiggins - winner earlier this season of the Paris-Nice stage race - in the overall standings thanks to bonus times during the stage.
Australia's Tour de France champion Cadel Evans - winner of this race in 2006 and last year - is 30 seconds off the pace.
Tour of Romandie results on Saturday after the fourth stage, a 184km ride from Bulle to Sion:
1. Luis Leon Sanchez (ESP/RAB) 4hr 56min 13sec
2. Rinaldo Nocentini (ITA/ALM) same time
3. Branislav Samoilav (BLR/MOV) s.t.
4. Gorka Verdugo (ESP/EUS) s.t.
5. Paolo Tiralongo (ITA/AST) s.t.
6. Pierre Rolland (FRA/EUC) s.t.
7. Andreas Kloden (GER/RSH) s.t.
8. Cadel Evans (AUS/BMC) s.t.
9. Roman Kreuziger (CZE/AST) s.t.
10. Fabrice Jeandesboz (FRA/SAU) s.t.
18. Bradley Wiggins (GBR/SKY) same time
1. Luis Leon Sanchez (ESP/RAB) 17hr 36min 35sec
2. Bradley Wiggins (GBR/SKY) at 9sec
3. Michael Rogers (AUS/SKY) 16
4. Bauke Mollema (NED/RAB) 18
5. Stef Clement (NED/RAB) 18
6. Andrew Talansky (USA/GRM) 20
7. Wilco Kelderman (NED/RAB) 20
8. Simon Spilak (SLO/KAT) 21
9. Rui Costa (POR/MOV) 22
10. Tiago Machado (POR/RSH) 22
23. Cadel Evans (AUS/BMC) 30