Quintanar de la Sierra - Alberto Contador secured the Tour of Burgos title on Saturday after a second-place finish on the fifth and final stage in the mountains in northern Spain.
Contador finished 17 seconds behind Sergio Pardilla after the 163-kilometre route from Caleruega to Lagunas de Neila, with the two-time Tour de France champion pipping his compatriot to overall victory by one second.
Belgium's Ben Hermans came third on the day, posting the same time as Caja Rural rider Pardilla in the general classification.
Contador, 33, quit last month's Tour de France during stage nine after two early crashes in cycling's most famous race, which then also forced him out of the Rio Olympics.
However, Saturday's victory will serve as a confidence booster ahead of the Vuelta a Espana -- a race Contador has won three times -- which runs from August 20 to September 11.
Fifth stage result:
1. Sergio Pardilla (ESP/Caja Rural) 4hr 13min 34sec
2. Alberto Contador (ESP/Tinkoff) at 17sec.
3. Ben Hermans (BEL/BMC Racing) 22.
1. Alberto Contador (ESP/Tinkoff) 15hr 50min 50sec
2. Ben Hermans (BEL/BMC Racing) at 1sec
3. Sergio Pardilla (ESP/Caja Rural) same time