Valls - Australian Simon Gerrans won the sixth stage of the Tour of Catalonia on Saturday as Ireland's Daniel Martin retained his lead at the top of the overall standings.
Gerrans, who rides for Orica-GreenEDGE, prevailed in a sprint finish to the penultimate day's 178.7km run from Almacelles to Valls, beating Belgian Gianni Meersman, already a double stage winner of the race, and Daniele Ratto of Italy.
Sunday's seventh and final stage is a 122.2km ride from El Vendrell to Barcelona.Results on Saturday from the sixth stage of the Volta a Catalunya, a 178.7km ride from Almacelles to Valls:
1. Simon Gerrans, Australia, Orica Greenedge, 3 hours, 55 minutes, 41 seconds.
2. Gianni Meersman, Belgium, Omega Pharma, same time.
3. Samuel Dumoulin, France, AG2R, same time.
4. Daniele Ratto, Italy, Cannondale, same time.
5. Danilo Wyss, Switzerland, BMC, same time.
6. Julien Simon, France, Sojasun, same time.
7. Daniel Moreno, Spain, Katusha, same time.
8. Joaquin Rodriguez, Spain, Katusha, same time.
9. Jakob Fuglsang, Denmark, Astana, same time.
10. Rigoberto Uran, Colombia, Sky, same time.
Overall standings (After 6 of 7 stages):
1. Daniel Martin, Ireland, Garmin Sharp, 26 hours, 16 minutes, 20 seconds.
2. Joaquin Rodriguez, Spain, Katusha, 17 seconds behind.
3. Nairo Quintana, Colombia, Movistar, :28.
4. Bradley Wiggins, Britain, Sky, :37.
5. Michele Scarponi, Italy, Lampre, :38.
6. Robert Gesink, Netherlands, Blanco Pro Cycling, :50.
7. Przemyslaw Niemiec, Poland, Lampre, 1:01.
8. Thibaut Pinot, France, FDJ, 1:09.
9. Jurgen Van den Broeck, Belgium, Lotto Belisol, 1:11.
10. Peter Stetina, United States, Garmin, 1:13.