Wins for Tadese and Kailu
Kavarna - Eritrea's Zersenay Tadese won the Men's World Half Marathon title in Kavarna, on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast on Saturday.
Tadese completed the race in a time of one hour and 19 seconds, ahead of Ethiopean Deressa Chimsa, who timed a personal best of one hour and 51 seconds.
Kenyans John Nzau Mwangangi, Pius Maiyo Kirop and Stephen Kosgei Kibet took the places from three to five while the Kenyan hope Eliud Kipchoge disappointed in sixth place.
The women's race was won by Ethiopia's Meseret Hailu who completed her half marathon debut in a time of 1hr 8mins 55secs ahead of compatriot Feyse Tadese, who timed a season's best of 1hr 8mins 56secs.
1. Zersenay Tadese (ERI) 1hr 00mins 19secs
2. Deressa Chimsa (ETH) 1:00:51
3. John Nzau Mwangangi (KEN) 1:01:01
4. Pius Maiyo Kirop (KEN) 1:01:11
5. Stephen Kosgei Kibet (KEN) 1:01:40
1. Meseret Hailu (ETH) 1:08:55
2. Feyse Tadese (ETH) 1:08:56
3. Paskalia Chepkorir Kipkoech (KEN) 1:09:04
4. Lydia Cheromei (KEN) 1:09:13
5. Emebt Etea (ETH) 1:10:01