Johannesburg - Murder-accused sprinter Oscar Pistorius does not plan to return to international athletics in the immediate future, his agent said Wednesday, after a snub from the organisers of a London meet.
"Oscar has no plans to compete internationally at this point," said Peet van Zyl, dismissing suggestions Pistorius had planned to compete at the July 26-28 Anniversary Games, but was not invited.
"There never were any plans for Oscar to participate in London," said Van Zyl. "He is not training officially and there are no plans, at this point, for him to resume his international career."
The comments come after organisers of the three-day Anniversary Games at London's Olympic Park said the South African Paralympian, would not be welcome.
"I don't want to see the Sunday of the Anniversary Games turning into a media circus," UK Athletics chairperson Ed Warner said.
Last month the double amputee, who is known as the "Blade Runner", successfully challenged his strict bail conditions, opening the door for him to travel abroad and fuelling speculation about a return to the track.
But Pistorius's focus, according to Van Zyl, "remains preparing for and dealing with the legal process in South Africa."
Pistorius is accused of murdering his girlfriend on Valentine's Day.
The runner claims that he shot Reeva Steenkamp through a locked bathroom door in the dead of the night, after having mistaken her for an intruder.
Pistorius returns to court on June 4.