Birmingham - Britain's Olympic and world champion Mo Farah said on Saturday he had no
plans to end his relationship with coach Alberto Salazar, despite
allegations the American had encouraged his athletes to use illegal
"I'm not leaving Alberto, I've not seen any clear
evidence," Farah, who did the double in the 5 000 and 10 000 metres at
the 2012 Olympics, 2013 World Championships and last year's European
Championships under Salazar's guidance, told a news conference in
Birmingham, central England, on Saturday ahead of Sunday's Diamond
League meeting in the city.
"I'm really annoyed at this situation,
it's not fair and it's not right. I haven't done anything (wrong) and
my name is being dragged through the mud."
A BBC documentary,
broadcast on Wednesday, alleged Salazar, 56, had encouraged athletes
including America's Olympic 10 000 metres silver medallist Galen Rupp, a
training partner of Farah, to use illegal substances.
an earlier interview with the BBC, said: "I have not taken any banned
substances and Alberto has never suggested that I take a banned
Both Salazar and Rupp have insisted they are innocent
of the allegations, while Farah himself has not been accused of
wrongdoing by the BBC.
Salazar, a three-time winner of the New
York Marathon, has worked with Rupp since the American was a teenager
and has coached Farah since 2011.