Sport24 users back Mallett
Nick Mallett (Gallo Images)
Cape Town - Following Nick Mallett's scathing criticism
of key Boks including Pierre Spies, Jean de Villiers, Willem Alberts, Andries Bekker and Bismarcke and Jannie du Plessis, a large number of Sport24 readers backed Mallet's assertions whilst very few were critical of the former Bok coach's opinions.
Here is what Sport24 readers had to say:
'He makes a good pundit. Supersport should hire Mallett permanently.'
- Heiku Staude
'He is using reverse psychology to screw with England for not hiring him!'
- Thomas'Sounds like the guy with the best consecutive win record for the Boks. I think his comments are based on mostly stats.'
- Owentjie'I hope someone listens to this wise advice. Why is it so difficult to accept a knowledgeable man's word. He knows what he is talking about. Thank you Mr. Mallett for taking the time. Much appreciated.'
- Alicia'All good point raised by Mallett.'
- Dirk'Crack the whip Nick.'
- The Third Wors.'Why he was never liked in SA, because he says it as it is, and doesn't
give a damn. People don't like hearing the truth, and Mallett speaks the
- Bomb'Finally....a real South African expert with the balls to voice an opinion.'
- Aslarmie'Nick Mallett should still be coaching the Springboks! Just because he spoke his mind and did not put up with the bureaucratic nonsense they got rid of him. Imagine what out win/loss record would have been by now. We would have still won 2007 ... but we probably would also have won 2011. He is probably one of the greatest coaches world rugby will ever see.'
- Francis O' la'He is on the payroll up North to sow dissension in the ranks.'
Sport24 readers on Spies:'Take that Pienk koeie!'
'Spies does not come close to Vermeulen.'
- Lance'HM should drop Spies to give him a wake up call.'
- Ble Raven'Spies is the most overrated player in South Africa.'
- Francis O'La
'Spies would not even make the bench at the Stormers and the Sharks.'
Sport24 readers on Andries Bekker:
'What's that I hear? The porcelain doll is injured...again!'
- Michael Moolman'Lower back injury? Nee man dit is net die park bankie splinters!'
- Clive Goss 'Becker does lose his cool when he loses a lineout.'
- Marcel Verster'Matfield is in a class of his own.'
'Wie is Andries Bekker nou weer?'
Sport24 readers on Jean de Villiers:'Oupa Jean should retire.'
- Blue Raven
'JDV is a defensive nightmare.'
- Bomb'JDV runs at a snail's pace.'
As the man with an insider's view on the Springbok and England teams, players and structures, Nick Mallett is respected by SA fans as a knowledgeable pundit. (Gallo Images)
Going down fighting?
I was intrigued to read a post on a football website this week that suggested Cardiff City aren’t...