Lambie v Steyn for Bok pivot?
Lambie v Steyn (Gallo Images)
Durban - Sport24 readers are billing the Currie Cup semi-final between the Sharks and Blue Bulls as a battle for the Springbok flyhalf jersey following man of the match performances from Patrick Lambie
and Morne Steyn in the final weekend of group phase matches in this year's tournament.Check out Sport24's Facebook page or send us a Tweet.
Visit our MySport24
page and email your views, pictures and videos and any sport-related
matter to email@example.com and we will hit the publish button!
Here's what Sport24 readers had to say:"Well done Morne! Form is temporary, class is permanent. Excellent game! Great to have you back at your best :)"
- Blue Raven "Form isn't established in one game. A string of good games in a row determines form not one game of kick at poles."
- niel.walt"One game and Steyn is suddenly the best flyhalf, so convenient."
- norman.branders"The same was said about Lambie..."
"MS has had a poor season and a half. He has struggled for a long time. In the same way that you look at MS's history, you could say that Lambie has been playing well since the 2010 season, and had a better season this year than MS."
- TravieGrif"I am a Steyn fan, but you must admit that the other two "Wunderkind" no 10's didn't set the world alight in the two Tests when Morne' was absent."
"2 weeks back he was the 'bad boy' of SA rugby. He came back with a bang."
- brian.deelman"One game against a Lions C team and Steyn is now the man? No way, let's watch him next week against Lambie."
- visser isak
"Steyn was good but not anymore. He needs to find his form again."
- gswart1"Morne Steyn is simply the best. Goosen, Lambie and Jantjies are apprentices in the nr 10 spot. They still have a lot to learn...fact."
- blou.johnny"Steyn played a good game because there was nothing in it for the Lions. He's a placekicker, cant dictate the game, make the right decisions, get over advantage line etc etc..."
@carly.croft.77 "Won us the Test series against the Lions, won the CC for the Bulls 4 or 5 or 6 times, won us 2 Tri-Nations etc etc etc."
- kaptein spies
@kapteinspies "Which 2 tri nations cups? We only won 1 with him at flyhalf, and IT was
Frans steyn who kicked us to victory in Dunedin, and those Currie Cups
were won with Derrick Hougaard at the helm, I think Morne won 2: 09,and
10 so don't give credit where it's not due."
- Sammy Willow
@Sammy Willow "Three Super Rugby titles, two Currie Cups, one Tri Nations, he's the only flyhalf with those honours."
@macziekpk - "You forgot to add Morne's sympathy MOTM award yesterday. Shame... All those awards and he still can't play flyhalf."
@macziekpk - "Morne hasn't got the one trophy where you compete against the best in the world. A world cup."
- NW"Well done Morne. Kicking accurately again. But the Boks still need a flyhalf."
- Kaapse.skollie7 "You Blue Bulls supporters are blindly loyal . Morne Steyn can sometimes kick, but Lambie is a thinker and is far more capable and he can tackle."
- Kevin"Lambie is going to dominate that useless one dimensional Steyn come next Saturday. Lambie for Bok 10 or 15!"
- Partiboy"Who cares about has-been MS. Lambie is the future and the Sharks have already won the CC!"
- Fazlurahman Ahmed"Patricia Lambie an overrated midget.. ....just like Gio Aplon."
- BJ"Good game Steyn...I would like the Steyn that played last night to go on tour."
- Bertram Malapi"Let's be realistic for a second without being bias toward our teams we support. When on form MS is the best flyhalf in the country. But he is not on form. One good game with the boot does not mean he is back."
- GS1Back on track: is Morne Steyn the man? (Gallo Images)
HAVE YOUR SAY:
Who would you like to see start for the Boks at flyhalf on their end of year tour to the UK? Send your thoughts to Sport24
Read News24’s Comments Policy
Intimidation at its best
I've seen it in the Englishmen's eyes. I haven't seen it yet from the tourists from India. They...