Fans slam 'disgraceful' CSA
CSA CEO Haroon Lorgat (Gallo Images)
Cape Town - Cricket fans have reacted with unprecedented fury following the confirmation of the itinerary for India's shortened tour to South Africa in December.
After negotiations between Cricket South Africa (CSA) and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), a three-ODI and two-Test tour was agreed upon and confirmed in a cautiously
worded statement on Wednesday.
The Wanderers in Johannesburg and Kingsmead in Durban will each host one ODI and
a Test, while the third ODI will be played at SuperSport Park in Centurion.
This means that Newlands in Cape Town - by some distance the best-supported ground in the country - will miss out completely.
In addition, CSA appear to have forgotten the number of matches in summer in Durban that have been affected by weather/bad light in recent years. Just ask Dolphins fans on how many occasions rain has cost their team!
Readers of Sport24 reacted with anger and disgust at CSA's seemingly "yes sir, anything you say, sir" attitude towards the BCCI.BCCI = Bullies, Criminals, Cowards, India. BOYCOTT INDIA CRICKET. CSA = COWARDLY SPINELESS @**HOLES
I refuse to partake in any cricket viewing where India are concerned. I support my team (Proteas) and I proud of their achievements in spite of the poor administration
- Ian Wegerle
I am a
Durbanite but also a cricket fan and the choice of Durban as a venue is truly
ridiculous, particularly given that there are only two tests. The net
result: Durban will be rained out and it will become a single test tour.
Pathetic! - Alan HastingsI think CSA has run out of Vaseline after bending over yet again for the BCCI. Disgrace.
- Morne NortierStuff the BCCI, stuff their rubbish called the IPL, stuff their
arrogance, and stuff their team!! Support every other team in world
cricket vs India! I look forward to the next betting/ match-fixing scandal wrecking their game!
- Nick ArmstrongWe should be playing the two tests at Potch and Kimberley or even
Nelspruit and PMburg. All self respecting cricket lovers should boycott
these games - I will.
- Geoff LiddiardCape town newlands left out; for what? CSA members needs to b fired with immediate effect.
- Xolani MakoncoThis is ridiculous, it's holiday time, people at the coast also want to
see the Proteas play. The crowds will be bigger and the atmosphere
better. CSA need to wake up and stop going to the easy options of Joburg
- Cliffie Rosy StruttAnd the sad thing here is that the SA public that is messed around like
this will still flock to the grounds and pack it out. Would it not be
great if they played in front of 1 or 2 thousand people instead of a
- AndreSI think the Kingsmead decision is justified. History has shown that
games against India played in Durban are usually well attended due to
there being many Indians in that region. However, CSA should have
atleast given one ODI to Newlands. Playing in Durban is basicaly playing in India's home ground. Lets just hope that the summer rains stay away from the stadium.
- Hansie CrookWhat a load of crap!!! Not one single game in Cpae Town. Well may all
those games be washed out. Dont come crying to Cape Town when you make a
big loss on this tour. You know you idiots have crap weather at that
time of the year. Gues you CSA idiots dont learn.
- Darryl MazeNever mind the weather, Newlands has had the best attendance figures for
both tests and ODIs for over 10 years now, and this is how they treat
loyal, paying, bums in seats supporters. Thank you CSA. Screw paying
over R200 to go watch the Proteas again. Keep you tickets from now
- Ryan BrewsterWhen bad light and rain ruins some of the matches, they will regret not using Newlands.
- trev2Makes a whole lot of sense. NOT! Gauteng & Kwazulu Natal = summer
rain season Western Cape = winter rain season. Newlands also has easilty
the best attendance record in the country and they can't see their way
clear to allocate 1 game to Newlands. Not even a 1 day'er. where rain
can wipe out the entire game. Don't get it. Oh and many of the up
country people are in CT over that period!
- John ComynAnother "Brain Fart" from CSA. Could not organise a P..s up in a brewery.
- lolayconThey didn't win the Currie Cup lol, so the 'Sharks' got it?? just unlucky, no-one can claim that CSA has its ducks in a row...
- Brett Summersett
What absolute nonsense not having any of the Indian tour
games in Cape Town!! We should organise a bouycott at the next Cobras game in
protest, maybe they will catch a wake-up and stop taking our local fans
forgranted... Heather McCrae
Read News24’s Comments Policy
Moyes must pass Toon test
A night of football, which has been described in one newspaper as ‘Wild Wednesday’, unfolded across...