Fans laugh off Scots' chances
Scottish bagpipes (AFP Photo)
Cape Town - Sport24 readers have responded with amusement after Scotland's attack coach said his team could defeat the Springboks
at the 2015 Rugby World Cup.Check out Sport24's Facebook page or send us a Tweet.
Visit our MySport24
page and email your views, pictures and videos and any sport-related
matter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will hit the publish button!
Scots were on Monday drawn in Pool B, alongside South Africa and Samoa
for the 2015 showpiece event. The other two qualifying teams for the
pool are likely to be Japan and Canada (or the USA).
Scotland currently ranked at a lowly No 12 on the IRB rankings - 10
spots below South Africa and five below Samoa - Scott Johnson was confident
that his team could top their pool.
“We’ve shown form in the last few years that proves we can take the scalps of the big teams,” he told the scotsman.com website
.Here's what Sport24 readers had to say about Scotland's chances:"Where are they ranked again? hahaha...12th! Below Tonga... Need I say more?"
"Johnson, I do know what you will look like in 5 years - and its not good news for you, it ain't going to get any better than it is now - thats for sure."
- Graemeltd"I thought Benny Hill was dead!"
- Andre.Rabie"He is new and has to say the right thing, consolidating his pay cheque! I would too.."
- Patrick.Ernie"He should consider standup comedy if he wants to say stuff like that."
- Daniel.Malan"Scotland consistently finishes at the bottom of the Six Nations and since the era of professionalism, Scotland has gone backwards."
"They lost to Italy in the 6 Nations..."
- Sean"Let's not forget that Scotland beat SA not long ago."
"They lost to Italy this year if I have it correct.... yip, Scottish rugby on the up . Lol."
- Tertius Aswegen"This guy is nuts! I will more worried about Samoa - injuries and stuff. Scotland will be like a fart in the shower - again."
"The way Boks are playing at the moment it could be quite possible. Boks need to up their game and quickly."
"Been at the whisky again?"
- Kevin"Someone gave that man one too many Bells!"
- gvangreunen"Yes, the Scots are capable of beating the Boks. At a whiskey drinking contest that is..."
- manuel.p.quinto"He must be suffering from haggis poisining!"
Read News24’s Comments Policy
Stadium dilemma in Kenya
I’m not sure where the Harambee Stars played home football games before I was born. I imagine that...