Fans: Boks awful to watch
Cape Town - Sport24 readers were happy with the Springboks' 16-12 win over Ireland, but are hoping for more entertaining rugby against Scotland.Check out Sport24's Facebook page or send us a Tweet.
Visit our MySport24
page and email your views, pictures and videos and any sport-related
matter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will hit the publish button!
Here's what Sport24 readers had to say about the Springboks' win over Ireland:"A win is a win."
- shelton.francis"Tough game to watch."
- mark.i.hampton"Pure rubbish from both sides."
- lettie.squirechristie"Play like that against the AB's and we will be crucified."
"We should've at least put 20 plus points past this Ireland team!"
- Arche' van Rensburg
"In the end we Won. My happiness knew no boundaries but, my nerves are still shattered. Please boys, play better, earlier on.... next time."
"I don't know if I should be sad of how we played, or relieved at the fact we won."
"Rather an ugly win than a pretty loss, but the team needs a plan B."
"A shaky start, but a better end! Well done, Bokke!"
"Glad Boks won, but not a convincing victory by any means. Lots of work to be done in this squad."
- Bruce Markovich
"The Boks gave away a total of 15 penalties in the match."
- wade.johnson.58726"If anything this was an ugly win that has supporters asking even more questions than before."
- RF"Celebrating a win? YES. Celebrating a well played win? Absolutely. Celebrating mediocrity? NO. Boks still need hard work to realize their full potential and maintain consistency."
- Sige Gorabeb
"A win is a win....but against that weak Irish side that was a poor performance...Come on Bokke, you can do much better!"
- stephen.j.coetzee.5"For a team winning the second half 13 - 0, I would say it was a decent comeback and a good win. Yes, Ireland lost a few players to injury, but so did we."
- chris.preez.5"Ireland are never easy to beat at home, especially with their fanatically partisan crowd behind them."
- edgar.johnson.353"A young side that dug deep and came from behind to win!"
"We lost to Ireland in our 4 previous visits."
- Michael Agathagelou"1st away victory of the season. 2 more to follow."
- Shelton FrancisHeyneke Meyer has bagged the first away win of his Springbok coaching tenure. (AP)
Read News24’s Comments Policy