Bok fans salute All Blacks
Richie McCaw (Gallo Images)
Cape Town - Sport24 readers have hailed the All Blacks after they proved their No 1 status by defeating the Springboks at Ellis Park.
New Zealand retained the Rugby Championship on Saturday with a deserved five-try 38-27
triumph over their greatest rivals, South Africa, at Ellis Park.
The clinical world champions led 21-15 at half-time and overcame second-half yellow cards to forwards Liam Messam and Ben Franks to finish nine points ahead of the Springboks in the table.
Here's what Sport24 readers had to say about the All Blacks' victory:"Great game and the best team on the day won."
- Sean Bagley
"Well played Boks well played. Wish all Bok/AB games could be like this."
- NZBro All Blacks"We lost fair and square not good enough on the day defence was useless."
- Deon Meyer
"Well done All Blacks, you were the best team on the park and deserved to win."
- Jaco Vorster"To the AB. Damn well played! Its absolutely amazing how they can absorb pressure the way they do. Deserved champions!"
- Shayne Ronald Barker
"We were beaten by true champions and must take defeat graciously."
- Erich Goosen
"Well done to the All Blacks! And what a great game. Do not blame the ref (great performance) or Heyneke Meyer. The ABs are usually the number 1 team in the world for a very good reason."
- Rocco de Wet
"The All Blacks just removed all possible doubt about who is currently the best team in the world! The Boks, throughout this season, have removed all doubt about who the only contenders are and we are undoubtedly the team on the rise!"
- Skrap Nel
"Courageous performance by the Boks, well done to them. They gave it their all for the country, that's all you can ask. JdV's try summed up the heart and commitment of the Boks for me. Congrats to NZ too for being a cut above the rest. This is an awe-inspiring side, there is no shame in losing to them."
- Richard Barnes
"Firstly, congratulations to the All Blacks. They have proven again why they the number 1 side in the world. The Boks tried their best, but let's be real, New Zealand are a better side than us!"
- Adrian Snyman"First and more importantly thank you Mr. Nigel Owens. The IRB should put more emphasis in getting it right every time. I loved the way you handled the game, fair - and that's what we always wanted. Secondly I would like to ask my fellow Bok supporters to acknowledge the AB defeat of the Boks. The game at Ellis Park was a mountain to climb, and as such in the name of rugby and good sportsmanship. Congrats AB."
- Mark Janse Van Rensburg"All Blacks are the best. Congratulations, guys you deserve number one spot. From a loyal Springbok fan."
- Skhona Skratchy-l LuswaziThe All Blacks celebrate winning the 2013 Rugby Championships. (Gallo Images)
HAVE YOUR SAY: What do the Springboks need to do to beat the All Blacks? Send your thoughts to Sport24
Read News24’s Comments Policy
Intimidation at its best
I've seen it in the Englishmen's eyes. I haven't seen it yet from the tourists from India. They...