Bafana fans start to believe!
Cape Town - Bafana Bafana have begun to restore the fans' faith after the team broke their scoring jinx in sensational style against Angola in their Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) clash in Durban on Wednesday. Email Sport@news24.co.za and get published!
Bafana climbed to the top of the Group A standings as they eased past Angola in a comfortable 2-0 victory
The team broke a 316-minute goal drought in the process with a rocket from central defender Siyabonga Sangweni in the first half. Shortly after the break, substitute striker Lehlohonolo Majoro added a second for the tournament hosts.GALLERY: Bafana Bafana v AngolaVIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: Bafana v Angola
Any result other than defeat against Morocco in their third and final group match will ensure Bafana progresses to the knockout phase of the competition.
Here's what Sport24 readers had to say about Bafana's win:"It was only Angola, but it feels like a big weight had been lifted of Bafana's shoulders. You rock boys!"
- martin.dejager.56"Amazing match!"
- Graham.du.Plessis."Cape Verde are no pushovers given their performance against Moroccans last night, however I believe we probably would have salved three points had Dean Furman played in opening match. They all played well, but Dean was exceptional."
- Xolanit Ntuli"Well done Bafana, but still need to learn how to dribble in the box, create better chances with passes and please stop with these miracle shots from 30m out, you're not Ronaldo."
- Marco van Rensburg"Awesome display! Totally different side! Amazing how much urgency there was in this game! The guys played their socks off! Well done! A well-deserved win! You really made us proud as South Africans! Really hope the same side shows up on Sunday! We're behind you all the way! Keep it up Bafana!"
- Benjamin"Congratulations on your win. You have redeemed yourselves Bafana! Now go all the way!"
- gerasimos"We must now soldier on without any fear and beat Morocco on Sunday."
- Siphiwe.Khuzwayo"Credit where it's due, being the first to criticise, I'll be the first to congratulate Gordon on his win last night."
- Brian Kaighin"Well done Bafana, keep it up for the finals."
"I am really surprised about what Bafana did to Angola last night, those guys showed a lot of character and they threatened Angola throughout the game, if we keep on attacking like that Bafana Bafana will be the most dangerous opponent to watch in this tournament."
- Tumza"I just want to say thank you to Cape Verde, now we are on top of our Group. The boys play very well."
"One swallow doesn't make a summer."
"Brilliant Bafana! To come back and play like that after so much criticism and negativity was incredible!"
- steven.croftonThe Bafana we know and love are back! (Gallo Images)
Read News24’s Comments Policy
Moyes must pass Toon test
A night of football, which has been described in one newspaper as ‘Wild Wednesday’, unfolded across...