Are the Stormers boring?
Cape Town - The Stormers chalked up another win
in a dull, low-scoring affair against the Cheetahs, but their game-plan had some people snoozing
in their seats.VIDEO: Stormers and Cheetahs get physicalCheck out Sport24's Facebook page or send us a Tweet.Visit our MySport24 page and send your views, pictures and videos and any sport-related matter to Sport@news24.co.za and we will hit the publish button!
Here's what Sport24 readers had to say about the Stormers defensive mindset:
"Defense, defense, defense is the name of the game. A win is a win, and we won ugly, but we won, and that's a sign of a solid team. In the semis and finals, bonus points mean nothing!"
- Jason Eye
"You must remember something, we played with 14 men for ten minutes, against the best attacking SA side!"
- Jason Eye "Glad that we got a wake-up call and still won!"
- Hardus Steyn"Winning 'ugly' is a concern, but better than losing ' pretty'."
- Grant Butler"People forget that the Stormers have so many injuries, especially in
the loose forwards. It hasn't helped us build our attacking play."
Jack H"The Stormers play much better away from home. As a Stormers fan, I hate going to Newlands. It sickens me that a certain portion of the crowd always boos the home team."
- Jonathan Groenewald
"It does not help much that the local derbies turn into World Wars! The
Cheetahs and the Lions do not show the same mettle against Aus/NZ teams
but come a local game, they turn into demons and play 50% above their
ability and wil kill/flatten/fight anyone just to be able to say 'we've
beaten the top SA team'."
- Rinus Groeneveld"If the Stormers are losing by more than 7 (ie. against the Saders) how
can they believe they can win? Because we know we can't
- Oscar"The Bulls are the best SA team by some distance. The Stormers are going to choke again."
- Tokolos"The Stormers lack creativity and vision. One-dimensional."
"Although I am a Stormers supporter, I prefer watching the Bulls. Stormers
seem to lack the 'killer' instinct, to put the opposition away when they
"Their backline is lying too flat. The opposition defense is right in their faces,
so there is no space or time to build up momentum, or to side-step,
dummy or pass."
- Trev2The Stormers and Cheetahs traded handbags in a tight, scrappy, ill-mannered affair (Gallo Images)