Loeb on course in Argentina
Cordoba - Defending world champion Sebastien Loeb and his Citroen team-mate Mikko Hirvonen are on course for a 1-2 in the Rally of Argentina following Sunday's opening three special stages.
After former world champion Petter Solberg in a Ford Fiesta claimed stages 14, 15 and 16, Loeb leads Hirvonen, who was instructed on Saturday by his team not to challenge for victory, by 1.3seconds.
With three short specials to go Citroen's game-plan looks to have worked to perfection with third-placed Dani Sordi's Ford Fiesta lying 1min 38.1sec adrift.
1. Sebastien Loeb (FRA/Citroen DS3) 5hr 06min 35.7sec
2. Mikko Hirvonen (FIN/Citroen DS3) at 1.3sec
3. Dani Sordo (ESP/Ford Fiesta) 1:38.1
4. Mads Ostberg (NOR/Ford Fiesta) 3:01.6
5. Martin Prokop (CZE/Ford Fiesta) 9:14.1
6. Thierry Neuville (BEL/Citroen DS3) 11:08.0
7. Sebastien Ogier (FRA/Skoda Fabia S2000) 11:37.3
8. Petter Solberg (NOR/Ford Fiesta) 12:25.5
Solberg 8 (SS1, SS3, SS10, SS11, SS12, SS14, SS15, SS16)
Loeb 4 (SS2, SS4, SS5, SS7)
Hirvonen 3 (SS6, SS8, SS9)
Neuville 1 (SS13)