PGA Tour

Johnson plans to return at Wells Fargo

2017-04-14 08:02
Dustin Johnson (Getty Images)

Los Angeles - World No 1 Dustin Johnson will return to competition at the PGA Tour's Wells Fargo Championship next month.

The 32-year-old American, who missed the Masters because of a back injury, is set to play in the event from May 4-7 in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Tournament officials confirmed Johnson's entry on Thursday.

"We certainly are excited that Dustin will be joining us in Wilmington in a few weeks," said director Kym Hougham.

"More importantly, we are glad that he is OK and will be returning to the PGA Tour."

Johnson injured his back in a tumble down some stairs just before the start of the Masters. He practiced prior to the opening round, but decided he could not play.

Johnson had been among the favourites to win the Masters after winning three consecutive events.

Read more on:    pga tour  |  dustin johnson  |  golf
NEXT ON SPORT24X

What To Read Next

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

Vote

Will Tiger Woods win another Major title?

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

English Premiership flutter

Take Sport24's "expert" tips at your peril...

Featured

With the Absa Premiership in full swing, who will be crowned champions when all is said and done? Will Mamelodi Sundowns defend their title? Or can Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates or Bidvest Wits mount a serious challenge? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs
 

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.