Nedbank Golf Challenge

McIlroy pulls out of NGC

2009-12-05 12:28
Withdrawn (File)

Sun City - World No 10 Rory McIlroy has withdrawn from the Nedbank Golf Challenge before the third round due to a stomach virus.

McIlroy, making his debut in the 12-man invitational event, shot 73 in the first round and four-over-par 76 on Friday to sit last on five over.

Sunshine Tour communications manager Michael Green told reporters McIlroy was suffering from "a stomach ailment". The Northern Irishman has been troubled by the virus since the World Cup in China last week.

The 20-year-old finished second in the European Tour's Race to Dubai order of merit this season.

Read more on:    nedbank golf challenge

What To Read Next


Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.
Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk


Who will be crowned the 2011 Nedbank Challenge winners at Sun City?

Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter


With the Absa Premiership in full swing, who will be crowned champions when all is said and done? Will Mamelodi Sundowns defend their title? Or can Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates or Bidvest Wits mount a serious challenge? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.