Augusta - Who is saying what in the build-up to the 79th Masters at Augusta National, starting on Thursday.
TIGER WOODS on his troubled build-up to the Masters:
- "I worked my ass off. That's the easiest way to kind of describe it. I worked hard."
RORY MCILROY to writers at his press conference:
- "I'm just here to play golf and you guys can write the stories, and I won't read them and we'll move on."
BUBBA WATSON on new poll saying he was the player most fellow pros would not help in a fight:
- "Obviously, I've never been in a fight in my life, so if I was in a
fight, it was my fault. I caused somebody to get angry. So yeah, I
wouldn't help myself either."
JORDAN SPIETH on Tiger Woods quip that he was in diapers when Woods first won the Masters in 1997:
- "I can't confirm that. I'm embarrassed; I just came out of diapers a couple years ago. So I probably was."
HENRIK STENSON on being asked the reason that has kept him from placing no better than 14th at Augusta:
- "Not playing better than 14th, I guess."
BEN CRENSHAW on the steely countenance of young fellow Texan Jordan Spieth:
- "You know, when I first met him, I tell you, I'll never forget it.
I looked right at him and he looked at me and I thought I was looking
at Wyatt Earp. He just had that look about him, just wonderful."
PHIL MICKELSON on how he thought Tiger Woods would perform on his return to competition:
- "Well, I haven't spent time with him, no. He hasn't been out on
tour. I haven't seen him much. But I know as much as anybody and I'm as