Cape Town - The word from Cricket South Africa (CSA) CEO Haroon Lorgat on Monday was that Gulam Bodi was "stopped" before any match-fixing had taken place during last year's Ram Slam T20 tournament.
Bodi was banned for 20 years on Monday after he admitted charges of contriving or attempting to fix matches during the tournament.
Lorgat confirmed that, according to CSA's knowledge, no match-fixing took place and that Bodi was caught in the "planning phase".
Lorgat added that while the Bodi issue had been put to bed, there was still an ongoing investigation into other areas of the scandal.
Lorgat would not be drawn on how long it would take to be completed.
"It is very difficult to say. Evidence leads you in a particular direction ... you might be able to collate that quickly and the investigation is over sooner. But, if not, we will take as long as is needed to conclude," said Lorgat.
"The ICC has offered to support us wherever they can and I've no doubt that other member countries will do similar."
Lorgat added that it would be "naive" to think that the fixing syndicates that have plagued South African cricket do not operate in other countries.
"It is quite likely that it's the same people ... at this stage I can't tell you," he said.
"It is damaging to the reputation of cricket and the fact that it happened in South Africa just makes it that much more difficult in a South Africa environment."
Lorgat added that he could not comment on any ongoing investigations and, as a result, could not provide clarity as to whether or not there were any other players currently co-operating with authorities.