Cape Town - The match-fixing scandal that rocked South Africa's domestic T20 competition at the start of the year in no way cost the tournament its title sponsor.
That is the word from Alan da Costa, the Executive Director (Legal & Commercial) of RAM Hand-to-Hand Couriers.
RAM had been the title sponsor of the competition since 2013, but in January this year Da Costa said that the company was considering its future dealings with the competition due to the match fixing scandal that erupted at the beginning of the year.
The scandal first saw Gulam Bodi banned for 20 years before further bans were handed out to Thami Tsolekile (12 years), Jean Symes (7 years), Pumelela Matshikwe (10 years) and Ethy Mbhalati (10 years).
But Da Costa told Sport24 on Wednesday that the decision not to renew was not based on the fixing saga.
"RAM was of the view that the costs for the RAM Slam did not warrant the investment," Da Costa said via e-mail, adding that he was satisfied with the way that Cricket South Africa (CSA) had handled the situation.
"According to the information that has been provided to us, the issues around the past series were dealt with efficiently by CSA.
"We wish them every success with the tournament.
"Who knows what the future holds as we never burn bridges."
This year's competition begins on November 12.