New Delhi - Australia's Shane Warne was mired in fresh trouble Thursday after a complaint was lodged with the Indian Premier League (IPL) about the bowling legend's alleged abusive behaviour, reports said.
Warne, captain of the Rajasthan Royals IPL team, was involved in an angry bust-up with Sanjay Dixit, secretary of the Rajasthan state cricket association, following his team's defeat at home to Bangalore on Wednesday.
The incident took place in full public view minutes after the post-match prize distribution ceremony at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur.
"Venue director Narendra Joshi has written to IPL's chief operating officer Sunder Raman, alleging that Warne had publicly abused Dixit and demanded action against the Australian," the Press Trust of India news agency said.
Warne was apparently upset over the playing surface that was selected for Rajasthan's last two matches against Chennai and Bangalore, both of which the home side lost.
Dixit said Warne had been putting pressure on him to provide a "suitable" wicket for Rajasthan's home matches.
After the defeat against Chennai on Monday, Warne had hinted at a conspiracy and questioned why the home side was asked to play on a different wicket than the one used in previous games.
The new wicket is quicker and appears to favour batsmen over the bowlers.
"The BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) has already clarified that the pitch comes under the purview of the pitch committee and the curator," Dixit was quoted as saying.
"So how could I have acceded to his demand? Warne's behaviour was totally unjustified and I have asked for action against him," Dixit added.
Two back-to-back defeats against Chennai and Bangalore have dented Rajasthan's chance of advancing to the play-offs and shattered Warne's dream of a second IPL title.
The leg-spin great, who had scripted an amazing Rajasthan triumph in the inaugural Twenty20 competition in 2008, is set to retire from all forms of the game after the current edition.