Bollywood star Khan says sorry
New Delhi - Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has apologised for his "misbehaviour" at an Indian Premier League match in Mumbai when he tried to walk onto the ground after the game.
The actor, who co-owns the Kolkata Knight Riders team that won the tournament final on Sunday, wanted to take a group of youngsters including his daughter onto the Wankhede Stadium outfield after a match on May 16.
When a security guard stopped them, Khan argued angrily with officials for 10-15 minutes before finally giving up.
The 46-year-old star, who denied he was drunk, was banned from the stadium for five years.
"I want to apologise to the kids for my misbehaviour... I apologise to all who saw me differently. I shouldn't have behaved in that manner," he told reporters after the final in Chennai on Sunday.
Khan, one of the Bollywood film industry's most popular stars, last week pleaded guilty and agreed to pay a fine after he was seen smoking during an IPL match in Jaipur.