Australia in SA
Hudson: No Kallis SOS
Andrew Hudson (Gallo Images)
Cape Town - South Africa's convenor of selectors Andrew Hudson says there will be no SOS sent to Jacques Kallis
to come and help against Australia.
The Proteas lost the first Test by 282 runs in Centurion at the weekend - their first Test since Kallis retired at the end of last year.
"We have moved on from Kallis. That's why he was also not considered for the group that will participate in the World T20 in Bangladesh next month," Hudson told the Beeld website.
"Jacques made it clear that he doesn't want to play Test cricket anymore and we respect his decision. It's no use clinging to something that's not there anymore. We have to move on and build on the future without Jacques."
Hudson said all is not lost and believes the three-match series can still be won.
"I believe the squad that he have is good enough to beat the Aussies. There are, however, individuals whose form is a concern, but we know what we have in them and all that is needed is hard work to correct the mistakes.
"It won't help anyone if we panic and start to make changes left, right and centre. These are the same players who helped us get to No 1 in the world and they'll walk the road with us."
The second Test starts in Port Elizabeth on Thursday.