Arthur fails to settle with Oz

2013-07-24 10:25
Mickey Arthur (Gallo)
Sydney - Mickey Arthur has failed to reach agreement with Cricket Australia after the first day of conciliation meetings in his claim for unfair dismissal.

Arthur, a South African who in 2011 became the first foreign head coach of Australia's top team, is asking for $4 million (R40m) in compensation or his job back after being fired last month on the eve of the Ashes series in England.

He was replaced by former test batsman Darren Lehmann.

After more than five hours of talks at the Fair Work Commission failed to reach an agreement on Wednesday, both sides agreed resume negotiations on July 31.

Arthur says, "Although we didn't come to an outcome on Wednesday, I'm pretty confident that there was enough goodwill in the room for us to continue talks next week."

Read more on:    cricket australia  |  mickey arthur  |  cricket

What To Read Next


Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.
Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

Previous Results

Date Match Result

Who will win the 2015 edition of the Ashes?

Love 2 Meet
English Premiership flutter

Take Sport24's "expert" tips at your peril...


With the Absa Premiership in full swing, who will be crowned champions when all is said and done? Will Mamelodi Sundowns defend their title? Or can Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates or Bidvest Wits mount a serious challenge? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.