WIN: L'Ormarins Queen’s Plate tickets!
Sport24 are giving away two sets of
double L'Ormarins Queen’s Plate Stud Club tickets to the 2018 event at
putting together your blue and white ensembles as the dates to Cape Town’s
racing and social highlight, the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate Racing Festival,
has officially been set for Friday, January 5
and Saturday, January 6, 2018.
The L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate Racing Festival is
the continent’s oldest race day, dating back to 1861, and with last year
becoming South Africa’s first multi-day racing festival in the mould of famous
international racing festivals such as Royal Ascot, Qatar Glorious Goodwood and
the Kentucky Derby.
will be an elegant and relaxed afternoon Garden Party, with the racing highlight
being the Grade 2 Cartier Sceptre Stakes - the premier sprint race for fillies in the Western Cape.
Beyond the track, the day will also see live jazz, a Summer Harvest
Table under the trees, along with bottomless complimentary L’Ormarins Brut Cap
Classique and Heineken on tap. Garden Party tickets will be R500, and will
additionally grant guests access to the following Saturday’s Style Lounge and all-too-famous
after party later that evening.
As is tradition, the running of the Grade 1 L'Ormarins Queen's Plate will take place on Saturday, when South Africa’s finest
thoroughbreds compete for the R1.5 million purse.
Tickets for Saturday will range from
the Style Lounge, priced at R350 to the Kenilworth Jazz Room at R1 500 per
person, with spots such as the popular Stud Club at R1 300 and picnic style
Paddock Sites at R10 000 per table.
Find out more about
the various hospitality options at www.lqp.co.za/tickets-hospitality/.
Tickets will go on sale at Computicket on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Enter the Competition
- Question 1
- At which racecourse will the 2018 L'Ormarins Queen’s Plate be held?
1. The competition runs from November 8 to December 31, 2017.
2. Winners will be notified via email. Both email address and cellphone numbers must be supplied. If the winner cannot be reached on the contact information supplied, another winner will be chosen instead.
3. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The competition is open to South African readers only.
5. Staff members and family of 24.com and Media24 and their immediate families may not enter.
6. Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
7. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
8. The prize does not include flights nor accommodation. Entrants are advised to consider the location of the event when entering.
9. The prize many not be exchanged for cash.
10. Competition only open to those 18 years and older.