WIN: L'Ormarins Queen’s Plate tickets!
Sport24 are giving away two sets of double L'Ormarins Queen’s Plate
VIP Stud Club tickets to the 2017 event at Kenilworth racecourse!
The Cape’s premier horse-racing and social
calendar event, The L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate, has announced that an additional day will be added to the line-up of
festivities for the 2017 event, to take place on Friday & Saturday, January 6 & 7, at Kenilworth
Guaranteeing a magnificent start to the year’s
social calendar, the exciting two-day affair will make this South Africa’s
first and biggest horse racing festival with an unparalleled race card of 18
The first eight races will take place on
Friday and includes the prestigious Sceptre
Stakes, the premier sprint race for fillies in the Western Cape.
Beyond the track, Friday will
also be a Ladies Day with the hosting of a Luncheon and Garden Party with gates
closing swiftly at the end of the day’s racing in order to prepare for the
headline race the following day.
As is tradition, the running of the Grade 1 L'Ormarins Queen's Plate
will take place on Saturday with racing enthusiasts and socialites from all
corners of the globe expected to watch South Africa’s finest thoroughbreds
compete for the R1 million purse.
“2017 marks an exciting new chapter in the
156-year history of L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate and we are thrilled to announce
that it is becoming a two day festival which will be a much needed and
successful development to the brand. Two days will also allow for local and
international guests who travel to the event to enjoy two days of racing,” says
LQP festival co-ordinator, Katherine Gray.
“Although multi-day racing
festivals are popular in other parts of the world, this will be a first for
South Africa and we hope to follow in the footsteps of other racing festivals
such as the Qatar Goodwood Festival, Royal Ascot and the Melbourne Cup.”
Both days will offer an impressive array of
world-class music and entertainment across a number of hospitality marquees,
including the popular Stud Club and Style Lounge.
True to the original blue- and-white LQP aesthetic, classically dressed guests will
reflect the event’s age-old elegance and style as they mingle beyond the track.
The best-dressed lady & partner will stand a chance to win an all expenses
paid trip of a lifetime, to attend the UK’s biggest race day, Glorious
The best-dressed lady embodies the blue and white tradition of LQP as
demonstrated earlier this year by 2016 winner Naledi Mabuso.
Underscoring the race’s global status, the LQP
winner is automatically granted entrance to the Mile Division of the Breeder’s Cup, the
biggest annual race day in the world, held in the United States. In addition,
The Peninsula Stakes, sponsored by England’s Goodwood Racecourse, will run at
LQP for the fourth consecutive year.
Listed by the Telegraph in the United Kingdom
in 2014 as one of the top five race days in the world, LQP is ranked alongside
other illustrious races, including the likes of Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Paris), Breeder’s Cup (California), Melbourne Cup and Dubai World Cup.
Enter the Competition
- Question 1
- At which racecourse will the 2017 L'Ormarins Queen’s Plate take place?
1. The competition runs from November 14 to December 31, 2016.
2. Winners will be notified via email. Both email address and cellphone numbers must be supplied. If the winner cannot be reached on the contact information supplied within six weeks, another winner will be chosen instead.
3. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The competition is open to South African readers only.
5. Staff members and family of 24.com and Media24 and their immediate families may not enter.
6. Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
7. If the prize is not claimed within three months of the prize-winner being announced, the winner forfeits the prize.
8. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
9. The prize does not include flights nor accommodation. Entrants are advised to consider the location of the event when entering.
10. The prize many not be exchanged for cash.